Online Skills is a programme for those with basic computer and Internet skills. The objective of this programme is to build on learners existing experience and further requirements in using the internet. The programme changes and adapts to each group. We encourage our learners to bring in their own devices when possible be it their phone, laptop or tablet. Not to worry if you don’t have one we have plenty of computers in the centre for you to learn with. Topics can include but are not limited to the following:
- Setting up online accounts for buying goods online such as Paypal.
- Safety considerations and setting in using social media such as Facebook.
- Downloading apps on your smart phone.
- Video calls – facetime, skype, viber.
- How to narrow searches on the internet
- Adding favourites on the internet
- Understanding cookies
- Transferring pictures from a mobile phone to a computer
- Email – adding contacts, attaching files such as pictures, and accessing email from your smart phone.
Duration: 6 weeks (2 hours per week)
Start Date: Contact the reception on 051-357731 for further information
Experience: Beginners course or basic knowledge